Friday, June 8, 2012

Goodbye My Feleni

I have had a long and strong friendship with writer David Mamea for a few years now. So when I stumbled upon a post on facebook a few months ago that he was producing a play as part of Greyview's The 3UP project , I was thrilled for him. After many years of nagging him to write for the stage - he  did it.

Little did I know, I would get a phone call requesting a meeting.
David had a a favour to ask - would I come on as a co-producer  for Goodbye My Feleni.

Now , I didn't hesitate , this was my good friend and the way I saw it , I owed him big time for all of the projects he had supported me on, over the years.

So merrily , I have walked alongside David to ensure that this project comes to fruition, with hopefully as little stress as possible. His job , make the script the best it could be , my job find director  - easy.  Chris Molloy came onboard and selected his cast.

Shadon Meredith , Samson Chan Boon, Leki Jackson Bourke and Andy Sani .


The funny thing about co-op productions is that you get to do all things.
Between David and myself we have designed a minimal set , sourced costumes, created a eflyer and promoted the work. David has also acted as stage manager fo the work.
 Chris has designed a simple lighting design and organised the rehearsal schedule.

We are 5 days out from opening night and I look forward to seeing all the hard work come to fruition on stage on Thursday 14 June.



No comments:

Post a Comment